Easy & simple viral meen fry or needle fish fry recipe with step by step preparations & photos. Yummy and delicious fresh viral meen fry with few ingredients and easy to prepare. It is the best side dish for fish curry, rasam, sambar, mor kuzhambu and much more. I like to have this viral meen varuval as a side dish for rasam.It would taste great.
Here we go to have a look at how to prepare easy viral meen fry at home.Hope you like this recipe and please give your comments how it turned out for you.
Check out more fish recipes here.
Viral Meen Fry Recipe | Needle Fish Fry Recipe
Viral Meen Fry ingredients
Needle Fish Pieces / Viral Meen or your favourite fish – 10 pieces
Homemade Red Chili Powder / Vaththal Podi – 1 tbsp (adjust to your spicy level)
Corn Flour – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice / Elumichai Chaaru – 1 tbsp
Sea Salt / Crystal Salt / Kal Uppu – as required
How to make easy viral meen fry or needle fish fry with step by step pictures
1. Firstly, clean and wash viral meen pieces well in water with a little amount of sea salt/kal uppu.
2. Take the ingredients of chili powder, corn flour, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice in a bowl.
3. Mix it thoroughly.
4. Add fish pieces into the masala mix.Rub masala on the fish pieces and marinate them for atleast 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, heat a tawa or pan with required amount of oil.I did the shallow fry.You can deep fry too. Place the marinated fish pieces and fry until it turns golden brown.
6.Flip the fish pieces to the other side for even frying. Do not flip it often.
7. Drain the fried fish pieces using tissue paper.
8. Easy viral meen fry or needle fish fry is ready to serve now. Enjoy with your favorite dish such as fish curry, rasam, sambar, mor kuzhambu and so on.
Step by step preparations for viral meen fry or needle fish fry recipe