Easy Vegetable Biryani Recipe using pressure cooker with step by step photos. There are a number of styles and varieties of biryani’s we can do. This vegetable biryani is one of the styles I prepare in my kitchen and it is done within 30 minutes.This is the one pot veg biryani makes in a pressure cooker which is easy and simple one.
Vegetable biryani which is loaded with lots of mixed vegetables. I have used basmati rice to make this biryani.You can also use “seeraga samba rice” for making the veg biryani.This vegetable biryani makes the perfect idea for lunch box to your kids and hubby.
Check out more biryani recipes too
Here we go to have a look at how to make vegetable biryani in a pressure cooker.Hope you like this recipe and give a try and sharing your comments below.
Vegetable Biryani Recipe in Pressure Cooker
Vegetable Biryani Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml)
Basmati Rice – 3/4 Cup
Water – 1 1/4 Cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Small onions / Shallots / Chinna Vengayam – 10 (sliced thinly)
Ginger Garlic Paste/Inji Poondu Paste– 1 tbsp
Tomato / Thakkali – 1 (Chopped)
Coriander Leaves / Koththamalli Ilai – a handful
Mint Leaves / Puthina Ilai – a handful
Curry leaves / Karivepilai – 2 spring
Carrot – 1 cut lengthwise
Beans – 10
Green Chili / Pachchai Milagai – 4 to 5 (slited)
Fresh Green Peans / Pachchai Pattani – 1/4 Cup
Potato / Urulaikizhangu – 1 medium sized (chopped)
Bay Leaf – 1
Fennel Seeds / Sombu – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds / Jeera / Seeragam – 1/2 tsp
Pepper / Milagu – 1/2 tsp
Cloves / Kirambu – 4
Cinnamon / Pattai – 1 2″ piece
Cardamom / Elakkai – 2
Star anise / Natchathira Sombu – 1
Black stone flower / Kalpasi – 1
Mace / Jathipathri – 1
How to prepare vegetable biryani recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.Wash & chop all the vegetables and set ready.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Add all spices given under “Spices” ingredients and saute for few seconds.
3. Add curry leaves and onions and fry until it turns light brown.
4.Add ginger garlic paste and saute it until the raw smell goes off.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and saute it until mushy.
6. Add all the veggies listed under “vegetables” table and mix well.
7.Add salt as needed.
8. Then add 11/4 cup of water and bring it to the boil.
9. Drain the water and add soaked rice.Mix well.
10. Add coriander and mint leaves.
11. squeeze half of a lemon juice and mix well.Allow it for 1 whistle and switch off the stove.Let the steam escapes by itself.Once the steam released,open the lid and gently fold it using a fork.
12.Easy and healthy vegetable biryani recipe using a pressure cooker is ready to serve.Serve along with chips, onion raita, potato fry,cauliflower fry or any other fried items and even with any non-veg such as chicken fry and so on.
1.If you do not have fresh green beans,soak dried green peas in water in the previous night and use it in the morning.
2.You can use your desired vegetables to make this vegetable biryani.
How to make easy vegetable biryani in a pressure cooker with step by step methods & photos