Vazhakkai podimas or Vazhakkai Puttu recipe which I got from my mom which is very simple and easy to prepare.We can prepare this within 10 minutes. For a change try this vazhaikkai podimas instead of always doing vazhaikkai deep fry for lunch.
Let’s learn how to make this vazhakkai podimas recipe or raw banana stir fry. Do try this and give me your comments.
Vazhakkai Podimas Recipe | Raw Banana Stir Fry Recipe
Raw banana / Plantain / Vazhakkai – 2
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Grated Coconut – 3 tbsp
Sea Salt / Kal uppu – to taste
Coconut Oil – 1 or 2 tbsp
Mustard Seed – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 Spring
Homemade Asafoetida Powder – 2 pinches
Dry Red Chili – 3
Small Onions / Pearl Onions – 5 (chopped finely)
Vazhakkai Podimas Recipe | Vazhakkai Puttu Recipe with stepwise instructions
1. Cook vazhakkai or raw banana in a pressure cooker with water for 1 whistle and peel the skin.You can cook raw banana in the open pot method of adding water in a pan and cook until it gets cooked but make sure it should not mushy.
2. Peel the cooked banana and grate the banana using a grater.
3. Add 1 tsp of pepper powder and required salt and mix it gently.
4. Heat 1 or 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan. Add 1/2 tsp of mustard, once it splutters add urad dal and saute it until light golden brown.Then add curry leaves,asafoetida powder, and dry red chili.Saute it for few seconds.
5. Add finely chopped small onions and saute it until golden color.
6. Add pepper & grated banana mix into it,mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
7. Add 3 tbsp of grated coconut and saute it for 1 minute.
8. Vazhakkai Podimas is ready now. I served this with rice & drumstick sambar.
Vazhakkai Puttu Recipe | Plantain Podimas Recipe