Spinach Dal Soup for Babies with step by step photos – An easy and healthy spinach dal soup for babies which is an excellent source of vitamins,iron,proteins and so on. It boosts the digestive system,decreases the risk of anemia, and helps to improve baby health.
Spinach Dal soup or Pasalai keerai paruppu masiyal which is suitable for babies who are step into 7th month.We can even continue this soup until 1 year or more.
You can add any spinach in your baby soup. I have used palak or pasalai keerai to make this soup.
I have added moong dal to digest the food easily for the baby.Until 10 months to 1 year, it is best to give moong dal instead of giving toordal to baby.
Let’s make this healthy spinach dal soup for your baby. Hope you will try this dish and give me your comments.
Check out my other baby food recipes too,
3. Homemade Cerelac Powder (Sprouted Millets & Nuts Mix)
Spinach Dal Soup for Babies | Keerai Soup for Babies
Spinach or Any other Greens – 1 Cup (chopped)
Moong dal / Paasi Paruppu – 1 tbsp
Pearl Onion / Small Onion – 1 (chopped)
Tomato – 1/2 (chopped)
Garlic / Poondu – 1 Pod (chopped)
Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder / Seeraga Podi – a pinch
Pepper Powder / Milagu Podi – a pinch
Homemade Asafoetida / Hing / Perunkaya Podi – a pinch
Curry Leaves – 2 to 3 leaves
Sea Salt / Crystal Salt / கல் உப்பு – little
How to make spinach dal soup for babies with step by step photos
1. Wash spinach leaves and chopped roughly and the other ingredients keep ready.
2. Take moong dal in a pressure cooker and dry roast until the nice aroma comes from it.
3. Then add all the other ingredients of chopped spinach leaves,chopped tomato,pepper ,cumin powder,asafoetida,chopped garlic, little salt,onion and curry leaves. Pour enough amount of water and bring to a boil. Close the cooker and wait for 2 to 3 whistles.
4. Once the steam releases completely open the lid. Using blender or mixer jar, grind the spinach dal mixture smoothly.
5. Healthy spinach dal soup is ready for your baby. Serve this soup immediately in warm temperature.
1. Mothers feeding is best for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2. Firstly, start this spinach dal soup as a thin consistency. Once it is familiar to your baby, give it as thick or semi-solid consistency.
3. Initially, add 1 cup of spinach then gradually increase the measure.
4. You can add any other greens or keerai which one is suitable for your baby.
5. You can also add vegetables such as carrots, beans, bottle gourd etc., in your spinach dal soup.
How to make spinach dal soup or spinach soup or dal soup for babies