Pumpkin Puree Recipe for babies with step by step instructions & photos. Pumpkin is a very good source of vitamins, iron, and other nutrients which are a nutrition addition to babies.Babies can have this pumpkin puree from 6 months old.
You may feed plain pumpkin puree to your baby or mixed into homemade multigrain cereal powder and even combined with any other veggies. This is the Indian style pumpkin puree recipe in which I have added a small onion,curry leaves, a small piece of garlic and a pinch of asafoetida for easy digestion, prepared in a pressure cooker.
Let’s learn how to make this homemade pumpkin puree for babies.Hope your baby like this puree and let me know your comments about how it turned out for you.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER BABY FOOD RECIPES TOO.
Pumpkin Puree for Baby | 6 To 12 Months Baby Food Recipe
Yellow Pumpkin – 1/2 Cup
Small Onion – 1
Garlic / Poondu – 1 pod small size
Curry Leaves – 2 to 3 leaves
Asafoetida Powder / Hing / Perungayam – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Coconut Oil – Few Drops
How to make Pumpkin Puree for babies with step by step procedure
1. I bought the pumpkin slice like below from the shop.
2. Remove all the seeds and peel the skin off from the pumpkin. Wash it in a water and cut into slices.Measure 1/2 cup from that.
3.In a pressure cooker, add pumpkin slices,a small onion,a small size garlic pod,a pinch of salt,curry leaves and a few drops of coconut oil.
4. Add one cup of water and close it with a lid.
5.Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle and switch off the stove.Let the steam goes off completely and then open the lid.
6. Using a mixer jar,grind the boiled pumpkin to a smooth paste.
7. Yummy homemade pumpkin puree is ready now. Feed your baby a healthy puree.
1. Mothers feeding is exclusively best for babies ever. So, continue the breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2.Initially, add 1 tsp of multi-grain cereal powder if you mixed with this pumpkin puree then gradually increase the quantity.
3. Make sure your baby food is fresh always. Don’t keep it for a long time.
How to prepare pumpkin puree for baby – 6 to 12 month Baby Food Recipes