Potato Fry Recipe | Aloo Fry Recipe with detailed instructions & stepwise photos. It is an easy and yummy (Urulaik kizhangu) potato fry recipe which is the best accompaniment to dal curry, rasam, and any other vegetable curries. This is a common side dish for the Indian lunch menu.Just with few ingredients, we can make this aloo fry tastier. This will be finished within 15 minutes.
Let’s take a quick look at how to make potato fry recipe or aloo fry recipe.
POTATO FRY RECIPE | ALOO FRY RECIPE
Potatoes / Urulaik Kizhangu – 2 large (chopped finely)
Small Onions / Shallots – 1/2 Cup (chopped finely)
Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder / Milagai Podi – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour / Arisi Maavu – 1/2 tsp
Sea Salt / Crystal Salt – to taste
Coconut Oil or Sesame Oil – 3 tbsp
Mustard Seeds / Kadugu – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal / Ulunththam Paruppu – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing – little
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
How to make Potato Fry Recipe or Aloo Fry Recipe with Step by Step Photos
- Wash the potatoes very well in water and chop into very fine pieces. You can peel off the skin and chop the potatoes.
2. In a pan, add coconut oil when it hot add mustard seeds. Once it splutters, add urad dal and saute it to light golden color. Then add asafoetida and curry leaves, fry for few seconds.
3. Add Onions and saute until it is soft & translucent.
4. Add chopped potatoes.
5. Add turmeric, red chili powder, rice flour along with required salt.Mix well.
6. Saute it until the potatoes cooked well and turn to lightly crispy texture.
7. Yummy aloo fry/potato fry is ready now.Serve with Rice and any vegetable curry as a side dish.
How to make POTATO FRY Recipe / ALOO FRY Recipe