Homemade nuts powder for babies, toddlers & kids with step by step preparations & photos. Homemade baby powders are always good for babies that don’t add any artificial flavors & preservatives. This is the healthy and natural weight gaining homemade nuts powder from 8 or 9 months and above babies.
In this nuts powder, I have added almonds, pistachio, gram dal, peanuts, cashew nuts, & dry ginger powder for digestion. Dry roast all the ingredients one by one, grind to a fine coarse powder and then store in a glass bottle. This powder stays good for 1 to 2 months at room temperature if we handled properly.
Homemade Nuts Powder For Babies, Toddlers & Kids
Author : Nilashini
Recipe Type : Baby Food Recipes
Nuts Powder Ingredients
BlanchedAlmonds / Badam Paruppu – 1 Cup
Pistachios / Pista – 1 Cup
Cashew Nuts / Munthiri Paruppu – 1/2 Cup
Gram Dal / Porikadalai or Pottukadalai – 1/2 Cup
Peanuts / Groundnut / Verkadalai – 1/4 Cup
Cardamom / Elachi / Elakkai – 5 to 6
Dry Ginger Powder / Sukku Podi – 1/4 tsp
If you do not have blanched almonds (that means without skin almonds), just follow the below steps to make at home
How to blanch almonds
1. Place almonds in a bowl.
2. Bring water to boil in a pan and off the flame.
3. Pour boiling water to cover almonds.
4. Let it sit for 1 minute.
5. After 1 minute drain the water and rinse it under the cold water and drain again then pat dry.
6. Remove the skins off from the almonds.
7. Line a cloth on the floor or mat, spread over the almonds evenly and let it allow to dry completely.
How to prepare nuts powder for babies with step by step pictures
1. Heat a heavy bottom pan on medium to low flame, add blanched almonds.
2. dry roast until the nice aroma comes from them and then transfer to a plate.
3. Add pistachios and dry roast until it turns to crispy and transfer to the plate
4. Then add gram dal/porikadalai and dry roast till it turns to crispy
5. Now, dry roast cashew nuts and roast them well.
6. Roast cardamoms as well.
6. Add peanuts and roast it until it turns to crispy.
7. When the peanuts are cooled down completely just rub the peanuts by your palms and remove all the skins off. If you used without skin peanut just skip this step.
8. Let all the roasted ingredients cool down completely.
9. Then take a grinding jar, add all the ingredients along with the dry ginger powder.
10. Grind to the regular intervals, as almonds & peanuts may release the oil. So do not grind continuously. Grind into a fine coarse powder is also fine.
11. Take a paper or foil, just spread it on the ground nuts powder and let it cool down and dry it completely before storing in the air-tight containers. It stays good for 1 to 2 months at room temperature if handled properly.
12. Your healthy & nutritious Nuts powder is ready for your baby, toddlers & kids. You can mix this nuts powder into the milk and give to your toddler & kid. For babies, you can make porridge by using this powder.
1. You can also add 1/4 cup of walnuts to make this nuts powder
2. Dry roast all the ingredients one by one on medium to low flame.
Step by step printable recipe for how to make nuts powder for babies, toddlers, kids