Indian Masala tea (chai) recipe using homemade masala tea powder with step by step preparations & photos. Many Indians like to have a cup of tea in the morning or in the evening. For me, whenever the climate is chill outside my mind is automatically goes about taking a cup of tea especially the masala tea. Here, it’s a snowy day, everywhere is snow, everything is covered with full of snow. So, yes, of course, I am having my masala chai when I am writing this post now :).
Each one has their own version of making tea. Here I have shared my version of making masala tea using masala tea powder. I have used 3 roses tea powder to make this tea. You can use any of your favorite tea powder and add it as per your taste.
Let’s have a look at how to make a perfect masala tea using homemade masala chai powder. Hope you like this masala chai, give a try & please share your comments below.
Masala Tea Recipe | Masala Chai Recipe
Cows Milk / Paal – 2 1/2 Cups
Water – 1/2 Cup
Tea/Chai Powder / Theyilai – 1 tbsp (I used 3 roses)
Homemade Masala Chai/Tea Powder – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Jaggery / Vellam – 1 tbsp ( adjust to your taste)
How to make perfect masala tea /chai using masala tea powder with step by step photos
1. Add 21/2 cups of milk along with 1/2 cup of water in a pan. I used to have creamy tea so added more quantity of milk. You can add more or less milk and water as per your taste.
2. Bring the milk to boiling.
3. When it is boiling, add 1 tbsp of tea powder. I used 3 roses tea. You can use any of your favorite tea powder and add it as per your taste.
4. Bring it to boiling for 3 minutes on medium flame. If you want a strong tea you can boil for few more minutes.
5. Now, add homemade masala chai powder and let it boil for another 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame.
6. I have used jaggery for the sweetness. Add required amount of jaggery or sugar for your sweet level. The jaggery gives the extra flavor for the tea.
7. Mix well until the jaggery is melted completely. Switch the flame off. Close the pan with a lid for few minutes.
8. Filter the masala chai using a strainer.
9. Squeeze out all the tea juice using a back of the spoon or ladle.
10. Now, extracted completely.
11. Your aromatic flavor of the Indian masala tea is ready to be served now. Pour into the serving glasses & serve along with any snacks, cookies/biscuits.
Step by step preparation of making Indian masala tea recipe – print here