Homemade masala tea powder or chai masala powder recipe with step by step photos. This is an Indian aromatic tea masala powder made with lemon grass, cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, peppercorns, cloves, dry ginger powder & nutmeg. When you prepare this masala tea powder your house is filled with the wonderful aromatic flavor of the spices. We can make the tasty masala tea/chai using this masala tea powder.
I prepared the (tea) chai masala powder in a small quantity. You can make it in a large quantity and store in an airtight container or in a bottle. It stays good for some months if it is handled properly.
Let’s have a look at how to prepare Indian masala tea powder at home. Hope you like this recipe, give a try and please share your comments below.
Similar Homemade Recipes,
Indian Masala Tea Powder Recipe | Tea/Chai Masala Powder Recipe
Author : Nilashini
Recipe Type : Homemade Powders
Cusine : Indian
LemonGrass / Karpurapul – 3 tbsp
Cardamom / Elachi / Elakkai – 2 tbsp
Cinnamon / Pattai – 1 long stick
Peppercorns / Milagu – 11/2 tsp
Star Anise / Natchathira Sombu – 3
Cloves / Kirambu – 2 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder / Chukku – 2 tbsp
Nutmeg / Jathikkai – 1/2 tsp
How to prepare masala tea powder at home with step by step photos
1. Take all your ingredients ready. If you don’t have lemongrass you can skip that.
2. In a thick bottom pan add the ingredients except dry ginger powder & nutmeg.
3. Saute them until the nice aroma comes from the spices on a medium to low flame. Switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely.
4. In a grinding jar, add the roasted spice and grind it to a fine coarse powder. No need to grind to a fine powder
5. Add dry ginger powder & nutmeg powder into that.
6. Again grind it for few seconds to combine all together.
7. Your aromatic masala tea powder is ready to use now. Store it in an airtight container or in a glass bottle. It stays good for some months if it is handled properly.
8. Make your own a perfect masala tea/chai using this masala tea powder.
1. You can prepare in a large quantity & store it in airtight containers.
2. Use a dry spoon when needed
Step by step preparation of Indian masala tea powder recipe – print here