Kozhukattai recipe with step by step photos & videos. The healthy & tasty pidi kozhukattai using samba pacharisi/raw rice, jaggery & fresh grated coconut. This kolukattai can be made by using palm tree leaves.In our village we used to use palm tree leaves to make this tasty kolukattai. You can also use banana leaves to make this sweet kozhukattai. Hope you like this recipe & please share your comments below.
Samba Pacharisi / Raw Rice – 1/2 kg
Jaggery / Achu vellam / Sarkarai – 425 gms
Fresh Grated Coconut / Thengaipoo – 3 Cups / 300 gms
Moongdal / Paasiparuppu – 100 gms
Cardamom / Elakkai – 8 to 10 (slightly crushed)
Dry Ginger Powder / Chukku Podi – 1 tbsp
Pidi Kozhukattai Video Recipe
How to make pidi kozhukattai recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash & soak samba pacharisi / raw rice in water for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, drain off the water completely and drain the rice on a cotton cloth. The rice should not be dried completely, less moisture should be there.
3. Using a mixie jar, grind the rice to fine powder.
4. Sieve the flour using a sifter without any lumps.
5. Boil the water in an idli cooker. Take the flour in a bowl and place the bowl inside the idli cooker and steam it for 10 minutes.
6. In a big bowl. add the steamed flour, roasted coconut (in ghee), roasted moongdal (in ghee), cardamom, dry ginger powder and mix well.
7. For making jaggery syrup, add jaggery in a pan along with 1/2 cup of water. Heat until the jaggery is melted completely and filter it using a metal strainer.
Add the jaggery syrup little by little and mix well.
8. Take some dough and make it like a oval shape. Grease the idli plates with some ghee and place the kozhukattai’s on the plate. Then boil the water in the idli cooker and place the idli plates inside the cooker.
9. Steam for 25 to 30 minutes.
10. Tasty jaggery koluukattai is ready now. Enjoy !!!
How to make sweet kozhukattai recipe with step by step photos