(Palm Jaggery) Karupatti kuzhi paniyaram recipe using left over idli/dosa batter with step by step photos & videos. An easy & simple sweet paniyaram using palm jaggery (karupatti), idli/dosa batter, grated coconut and cardamom powder that can be done quickly at home as a healthy snacks for the kids & all.
Lets learn how to make this healthy & yummy karupatti kuzhi paniyaram recipe at home. Hope you like this recipe & please share your comments in the below section.
Karupatti Kuzhi Paniyaram Recipe
Idli/Dosa Batter / Idli Dosai Maavu – 2 Cups / 500 ml
Palm Jaggery / Karupatti – 3/4 Cup / 135 gms (adjust)
Ripe Bananas / Vazhaipazham – 2
Fresh Grated Coconut / Thengaipoo – 1/2 Cup
Cardamom Powder / Elakkai Podi – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda / Samayal Soda – 2 pinches
Ghee or Coconut Oil for frying
Karupatti Kuzhi Paniyaram Video Recipe
How to make karupatti kuzhi paniyaram recipe using leftover idli/dosa batter
1. Take palm jaggery in a pan and add little water.
2. Heat until it is dissolved completely.
3. Filter it using a strainer to remove any dirt in it. Cool down completely.
4. Take ripe bananas in a pan and mash it using a fork.
5. Add cardamom powder, baking soda, filtered syrup, grated coconut & idli/dosa batter. I used ragi idli batter. You can also refer my millet idli/dosa batter recipe.
6. Mix well and let it rest for 30 minutes.
7. Heat kuzhi paniyaram pan with ghee or coconut oil. Pour the batter into each holes and cook them on medium flame.
8. Cook the paniyaram on both sides as well.
9. Tasty, healthy & yummy karupatti kuzhi paniyaram is ready now. Enjoy!!
How to make karupatti kuzhi paniyaram recipe – print recipe here