Hotel Style Mixed Vegetable Kurma – An easy and healthy vegetable kurma is one of the south Indian hotel style korma cooked with a lot of mixed vegetables and spices which is making our dish is healthy and delicious. It’s one of my favorite kurma which is the best combination for Chappathi, Parotta, Poori and even Idiyappam’s.
There are different varieties of vegetable kurma recipes can make but this is the recipe I prepare often in my kitchen. I am sure, the wonderful aroma of the kurma will spread throughout your house while you prepare this in your kitchen.
Let’s learn how to make this healthy hotel style Vegetable Kurma, do try this in your home and let me know your comments.
Hotel Style Mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe | Veg Kurma
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240ml , 1 Tbsp = 15 ml )
Coconut Oil – 3 tbsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Pearl Onions/Small Onions/Shallots – 10 sliced finely
Tomato – 1
Ginger – 1 1/2 tsp (grated)
Garlic – 1 1/2 tsp (grated)
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Coriander Leaves / Cilantro – little
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Sea Salt / Kal Uppu – to taste
Carrot – 1/2 Cup
Beans – 1/2 Cup
Cauliflower – 1/2 Cup
Fresh Green Peas – 1/2 Cup
Potato – 1 medium-sized
Coconut – 1/4 cup (grated or chopped)
Cashew nuts or roasted gram (Porikadalai) – 2 tbsp
Poppy Seeds | Kus Kus | Kasa Kasa- 1 tbsp
Cardamom | Elakkai – 1
Cloves | Kirambu – 2
Cinnamon | Pattai – 1
Green Chilli – 5
Hotel Style Mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe| Veg Kurma – Step by Step pictures
1. Dry roast poppy seeds in a pan for 1 minute over medium flame. Then soak it along with cashew nuts in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower florets from the stem and soaked in lukewarm water with little salt for 5 minutes.
- Peel the string from two sides of the beans and cut into desired sizes.
- Take carrots and cut into medium size pieces.
- Peel the small onions/shallots skin and thinly sliced.
- Take a potato, scratch the skin and cut into small pieces or wash well in water and cut with skin.
- And keep the other ingredients set ready.
2. Take a mixie jar or blender, add all the ingredients mentioned under “To grind” table and grind it to a smooth paste with an adequate amount of water.
3. Heat a pan with coconut oil.Add bay leaf, add sliced onions, add curry leaves, saute it for light golden color. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy. Then, add ground coconut cashew paste, mix well.
5. When the coconut oil leaves the sides of the pan , add 2 1/2 cups of water, add rock salt and boil it. After boiling, add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, add all other remaining veggies, mix well.Cover the pan with a lid and let them cook and boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until it comes to your desired consistency. Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
7. Healthy hotel style vegetable kurma is ready now. Serve hot with Idiyappam,parotta,paratha or even Poori’s.
1. If you are not having fresh green peas, you can soak dry green peas in water overnight and use in your vegetable kurma.
2. Always try to use small onions/shallots instead of big onions in your dishes.It makes your dishes tasty and healthy.
3.And also use sea salt (Kal Uppu) in every dishes you prepare instead of another salt because it has lots of health benefits owning by itself.
How to make hotel style mixed Vegetable Kurma Recipe – in a printable form