Homemade salsa recipe with step by step preparations & photos. Salsa is a tomato-based sauce or dip which is used as a condiment in Mexican cuisine. I just made this as an Indian style salsa made with tomatoes, onion, lemon juice, green chili, coriander leaves and cumin powder. There is no need of any cooking process to make this salsa recipe. It can be served along with tandoori chicken or as an appetizer with chips.
Let’s have a look at how to make this easy homemade salsa/tomato salsa recipe. Hope you like this recipe, give a try and please share your comments below.
More Mexican recipes,
Homemade Salsa Recipe | Tomato SalsaRecipe
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml)
Onion / Vengayam – 1/4 Cup + 1/4 Cup (1 big size) chopped finely
Tomatoes / Thakkali – 2 + 1 Medium size Chopped
Green Chili / Pachchai Milagai – 3
Lemon Juice / Elumichai Chaaru – 3 tbsp
Cumin Powder / Seeraga Podi – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves / Koththamalli Ilai – 1/2 Cup Chopped
Sea Salt / Non-Iodized Salt / Kal Uppu – to taste
How to prepare homemade salsa recipe with step by step images
1. Take a blender or food processor, add 1/4 cup of finely chopped onion, 2 roughly chopped tomatoes, green chili along with salt.
2. Grind the mixture to the smooth paste.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients of chopped tomato, 1/4 cup chopped onion and coriander leaves.
5. Pour 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
6. Add cumin powder
7. Mix all the ingredients together.
8. Your homemade salsa recipe is ready now. You can be served along with tandoori chicken or as an appetizer with chips.
Step by step preparation of homemade salsa recipe – print here