Homemade Rice Cereal Powder for Babies with step by step preparations & photos.Rice is the best first cereal for the babies from 6 months old.I introduced this rice cereal as the first food to my kids in a rice porridge form.They loved to eat always.
For making this rice cereal powder,I have used red rice since it is an unpolished rice and also it has more fiber than white rice. So this is the healthy and best food to your baby.
The homemade rice cereal powder is an easy and simple to prepare at home itself.So better to make this at home instead of buying from stores and feed healthy food to your baby.
And also Check out my other BABY FOOD RECIPES too.
Let’s learn how to make this rice cereal powder for babies at home.Hope you like this recipe and please share your comments below how it turned out for you.
Homemade Rice Cereal Powder For Babies | 6 to 12 Months Baby Food
Red Rice – 1/2 Cup or as needed
How to prepare rice cereal powder for babies with step by step pictures
1. Wash red rice in water for 3 to 4 times and then soak it in water for 1 hour. Rinse the water completely and spread the rice on a cotton cloth. Allow it to dry (little moisture is fine).
2. Heat a pan and dry roast the rice on a medium flame until it is little puffed up.Let it cool for sometimes.
3. Take a blender or food processor or mixer jar, put the roasted rice.
4. Grind it to a little coarse powder.Do not need to grind smooth powder.
5. Red rice cereal powder or Sigappu arisi maavu is ready now for your baby. Store the ground rice in a clean,dry,airtight container.
1. I did the rice cereal powder in a small quantity since I want to post this recipe on my blog.You can increase the measure and do follow the above steps.
2.Use a dry spoon to take the powder from the container.
1. Mothers feeding is exclusively best for babies ever. So, continue the breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
How to make homemade rice cereal powder | 6 to 12 months baby food recipes