Homemade Rice Cereal Porridge for babies with step by step preparation & pictures. Rice cereal porridge is the best first cereal for 6 months babies because it’s easy to digest. The best time to give this porridge to the baby during lunch time.
I made this rice cereal porridge using homemade rice cereal powder that I posted already.I have used red rice to prepare the cereal powder which gives extra nutrition to your baby than using normal white rice.Continue this rice cereal porridge with any other veggies or purees or juices, once your baby familiar with this.
And also Check out my other BABY FOOD RECIPES too.
Let’s learn how to prepare rice cereal porridge at home for babies who are above 5 months old.Hope you like this recipe and please share your comments below how it turned out for you.
Homemade Rice Cereal Porridge | 6 to 12 Months Baby Food
Homemade Rice Cereal Powder – 1 tbsp
Water – 3/4 Cup
Coconut Oil / Thengai Ennai – 4 to 5 drops
Sea Salt / Crystal Salt / Kal Uppu – a pinch (optional)
How to prepare rice cereal porridge at home with step by step pictures
1. Take 3/4 cup of water in a pan and bring it to the boil.
2.In a bowl take 1 tbsp of red rice powder.
3.Pour 2 tbsp of water into the rice cereal powder and stir it without any lumps.
4.When the water is boiling,pour rice powder mix into the water and stir it continuously over medium flame.
5.Now it started to boiling.Keep the flame low now.
6.The mixture gets thickening up.Keep stirring.
7.Now the rice got cooked well and reaches the correct consistency to feed the baby. We roasted the rice cereal already so it won’t take much time to cook.
8.Add 4 to 5 drops of coconut oil to the porridge and mix it well.The coconut oil gives a rich flavor to the porridge and also it is good for health.
9.The healthy rice cereal porridge is ready to feed your baby.Have fun and enjoy with your baby!!.
1. Mothers feeding is exclusively best for babies ever. So, continue the breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2.Initially, give this rice cereal porridge as such.Once it is familiar to your baby, you can add veggies,purees, carrot water instead of adding plain water add also u can include multi-grain cereal powder ( 1 tbsp of rice cereal powder and 1 tbsp of multi-grain cereal powder) when you prepare.
3. Make sure your baby food is fresh always. Don’t keep it for a long time.
4. For the photo sake, I have doubled the quantity of rice powder.
Rice cereal porridge recipe with step by step pictures.