Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder – This powder is my own special nutrition packed multi grain cereal powder recipe for babies. It is a highly nutritious healthy multi grain cereal powder can start from 7th month onwards.
In this cereal powder, I have added Kaikuthal Arisi (hand-pound rice) , Thinai (in English as Foxtail Millet) , Varagu (in English as Kodo Millet), Moong dal and Gramdal. All the ingredients are very healthy and can easily be digestible for babies tiny tummy.
Kaikuthal Arisi in English called as hand pound rice which is an unpolished nutrition packed rice.It is healthier than polished white rice.Polished rice loses all their nutrients and gives only shiny look and feel, but there is nothing in it . We can even call it as ‘garbage’. Hand pound rice rich in iron, vitamins and much more. It is easy to digest and it facilitates easier bowel movement helps to avoid constipation for babies and of course for us too. Therefore, I have added this rice in multi-grain cereal powder mix.
Varagu and Thinai are Millet’s (in Tamil as ‘Siru thaaniyangal/சிறு தானியங்கள்‘) having the natural source of proteins,iron as well as fiber. Millet’s are not acid forming foods hence it helps to digest food easily. Millet’s are excellent for strengthening the nervous system.
Let’s make healthy homemade multi grain cereal powder. Do try this powder for your baby and give me your comments.
Check out my other baby food recipes too,
Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder for Babies / Multi Grains Powder for Babies
1 Cup = 240 ml
Hand Pound Rice / Kaikuthal Arisi – 1 Cup
Foxtail Millet / Thinai – 1/2 Cup
Kodo Millet / Varagu – 1/2 Cup
Moongdal / Paasipparuppu – 1/2 Cup
GramDal / Pottukadalai / Porikadalai – 1/2 Cup
Homemade Dry Ginger Powder / Sukku Podi – 1/2 tsp
How to make Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder for babies
1. Dry roast all the ingredients one by one nicely. Let it cool completely.
2. Take a mixie jar or food processor, add roasted rice, grind it as finely coarse powder and transfer to a plate.
3. Then, add all the remaining ingredients along with 1/2 tsp of dry ginger powder,pulse it at regular intervals and grind them like finely coarse powder. Mix everything with ground rice thoroughly.
4. Store it in a dry bottle and close it tightly. Use a dry spoon each time you take.
How to give Multi Grain Cereal Powder at home
1. Take 1 cup of water and boil it.
2. In a glass, pour some water and add 1 or 2 tsp of multi grain cereal powder and mix it without any lumps.
3. After boiling, add the dissolved cereal powder.
4. Boil it for another 5 minutes. It should be in semi-solid form. Switch off the flame.
5. Feed this mix to your baby in moderately warm with little ghee.Ghee is optional
How to make instant Multi Grain Cereal Powder for traveling purpose
For traveling purpose, the baby powder should be ground into fine powder.
1. All the ingredients should nicely be roasted until puffed like texture. Allow it to cool completely.
2. Put all the ingredients in a mixie jar or food processor.Grind until it comes fine powder. Sieve the flour. If you find any clumps, return back to the food processor, grind and sieve the powder again.Likewise, do until you get the fine powder.
3. Store in a dry bottle.
How to give Multi Grain Cereal Powder on travel
1. Take required amount of multi grain cereal powder mix.
2. Pour hot water over it. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes and then feed your baby.
Check out my Beetroot Soup recipe for babies using this multi grain cereal powder.
1. Mothers feeding is best for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day slowly increases the amount of food to your baby.
How to make Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder recipe – in a printable form.