Homemade Instant Cerelac recipe for 9 to 12 months old babies with stepwise instructions & photos. I have already posted the homemade cerelac powder.Using that cerelac powder I have done instant cerelac powder. The instant cerelac is mixed with healthy ingredients of sprouted millet flour (pearl millet & ragi) ,nuts (cashews,almonds,pistachios,peanuts,walnuts) and palm jaggery.
Homemade Instant cerelac or powders are the tension free food for the babies during travel.This instant cerelac is also one of the healthy homemade food to the baby on travel.Just take required amount of instant mix and pour the warm or hot water and stir it well and feed your baby. That’s it. So easy and simply right.We can even feed this instant cerelac at home every day.
Homemade powders/mix are always better & healthier than store-bought products .So better try to avoid store-bought baby foods and do it at home itself at your best. It would be making us happy that we prepare the food to our baby by ourselves and get 100% satisfaction about our baby food is healthy and yummy.
Don’t have an oven?.No worries. 🙂 I have given here the details of how to make homemade instant cerelac recipe using a pressure cooker method too.
Check out my other Baby Food Recipes too.
Let’s learn how to make this healthy millets and nuts mix homemade instant cerelac recipe for babies.
HOMEMADE INSTANT CERELAC RECIPE – SPROUTED MILLETS & NUTS MIX
Homemade Cerelac Powder – 2 Cups
Palm Jaggery / Karupatti – 1 Cup Powdered
Ghee / Clarified Butter – 1/2 Cup
How to prepare Homemade Instant Cerelac for 9 to 12 months old babies – Oven Method
1. Take 1 cup of powdered jaggery in a pan and add some water (about 2 tbsp) to melt the palm jaggery completely.
2. Once it gets dissolved completely,strain it to remove impurities or any dust using a sieve.
3. Meanwhile,Pre heat the oven at 160°C/320°F for 10 minutes or as per your oven’s required pre-heating temperature. Line a baking tray with a parchment,aluminum or wax paper and set aside.
4. Take a bowl of homemade cerelac powder,add ghee and the filtered palm jaggery syrup into that.
5. Mix the dough gently.Do not knead the dough. It should become together and hold easily. If the mixture becomes dry add some more ghee or if the dough is sticky add some more flour and mix it gently. Take a rolling-pin and roll the dough slowly.
6. Cut the dough like the square shapes using a knife. Arrange the cookies one by one slowly on the baking tray. After 10 minutes, place the baking tray in the oven and bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cookies get cooked enough. The cookies cooking time may vary depends on the size and thickness of the cookies.So keep checking from after 13 minutes.
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.Take the cookies into the Mixer jar or food processor, and grind to the smooth powder.
How to make Homemade Instant Cerelac – Pressure Cooker Method
- Take an unused or old pressure cooker or any other wide vessel and fill it with sand as the base. Pre heat the cooker until the cooker gets heated well over a high flame.
- Take a stainless steel bowl, wrap it with an aluminum foil and place the cookies over the sand base.
3.Remove the gasket from the pressure cooker lid, also the whistle and close it. Turn on the flame from high to low.It will take about 20 to 25 minutes for the cookies to get cooked. Keep checking from after 15 minutes.It may vary depends on the size and thickness of the cookies. Remove the bowl from the cooker and let them allow to cool completely.
Take the cookies into the Mixer jar or food processor, and grind to the smooth powder.
4. Healthy homemade instant cerelac is ready now. Start your instant food to your baby happily.
Homemade Instant Cerelac Recipe