Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe with step by step preparation & pictures. Homemade items are always better than buying from stores. Homemade coconut milk is also the one that we can prepare at home easily.Whenever, there is a need for coconut milk in our cooking to make rich dishes, no need to run away to the stores to buy coconut milk.Instead,we can make this coconut milk at home with no preservatives or any artificial flavors.
I have used a fresh coconut to make the fresh homemade coconut milk.I will use coconut milk in my cooking often to make biryani’s,pulao’s, veg curry or non-veg curry, and in my baking, and use as a side dish for idiyappam, appam/aapam and so on. So,I will prepare it my own at home.
Here we go to have a look at how to make fresh homemade coconut milk / thengai paal easily.Hope you enjoy this post and please share your comments below how it turned out for you.
Check out my other HOMEMADE RECIPES too.
Homemade Coconut Milk Recipe | Homemade Thengai Paal
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml)
Fresh Coconut / Thengai – 1/2 Coconut (big size)
Hot Water – 2 1/2 Cups
How to prepare homemade coconut milk with step by step photos
1. Take a fresh coconut and break into 2 halves.Take all the coconut meat from one of the shell.
2.Put coconut meat in a blender or mixie jar.
3. Grind it until the coconuts are turned into the flakes.
4.Heat water until hot but don’t boil. Pour one cup of hot water into the jar.Mix it well and wait for sometimes before grinding as it may spill out for the heat.
5.Grind the coconut flakes until creamy and smooth paste.
6.Keep a cheesecloth/muslin or fine strainer over a bowl.
7. Pour the creamy coconut paste on the fine strainer carefully.
8.Press it using a ladle and squeeze all the milk from the coconut.(I missed to click a photo when pressed to extract milk using a laddle)
9.This is the first and thick coconut milk.
10. Return to the mixer jar again and pour another 1 cup of hot water into the coconut flakes and grind it untill creamy and smooth paste.Then strain and extract the second milk.Again do the same way with the remaining half cup of water.
This is the second and third coconut milk extract or thin milk.
11. Discard the coconut flakes after extracted all milk from the coconut.
12.Your fresh homemade coconut milk is ready to use right now.Enjoy!!.
1. You can store this homemade coconut milk in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days only.
How to prepare homemade Coconut Milk with step by step images