Homemade Chili Powder – We use this powder in almost all the spicy dishes. It is very simple and easy to prepare at home with few ingredients. The homemade products are always cheap than store-bought items without having any artificial colors or any preservatives. So better to make the spicy chili powder yourself at home and save money.
I like to eat any masala curry in a beautiful red color but it should have less spicy. Anyone is there like me :). For that what we do. Add Kashmiri chili. Yes, even though it is less spicy than normal chili,which will give wonderful red color for your curry. Therefore, I have added kashmiri chilli’s along with red chilli’s.
Let’s make this simple homemade chili powder and give me your comments.
Homemade Chili Powder Recipe
1 Cup = 240 ml
Red Chilli – 5 cups (tightly packed)
Kashmiri Chilli – 2 Cups (tightly packed)
Curry Leaves – 1 Cup
Sea Salt/Rock Salt/Kal Uppu – 1/2 tsp
How to make Homemade Chili Powder
1.Sun dry all the ingredients.Take a large paper and spread over the ingredients and keep it in direct sunlight.If you do not have enough sunlight in your place, just add all ingredients in a hot pan one by one and dry roast until it turns crispy texture in a low flame. Make sure they should not get burn.
2. Put all roasted or sun-dried ingredients into a mixie jar along with 1/2 tsp salt and pulse it until smooth powder or finely coarse consistency also not a problem.
3. Let it cool completely. Store it in a dry bottle. Always use a dry spoon to take chili powder for shelf life.
4. The adding of rock salt to prevent to get any insects or bugs and retains the freshness of the powder when it stored for a long time.
5. The kashmiri chili gives less spicy than red chili. So while you cook, add little more chili powder in your dish to make your curry spicy.
6. Your homemade chili powder is ready to use right away.
Homemade Chili Powder recipe in a printable form