Homemade Cerelac Porridge for Babies (Sprouted Millet & Nuts Mix) with stepwise instructions & photos – Homemade powders are always good for babies than store-bought ones. I have already shared the homemade cerelac powder for babies which is the weight gaining nutrition packed sprouted millet & nuts mix. Using the cerelac powder, I have made this porridge using palm jaggery (karupatti) for more healthy. Babies can start this porridge from 9 months old.
Let’s learn how to make this easy homemade cerelac porridge for babies. Hope you like this recipe and give me your lovable comments.
Check out more homemade baby food recipes on my website.
Homemade Cerelac Porridge for Babies
Homemade Cerelac Powder – 1 tbsp
Palm Jaggery / Karupatti – 2 to 3 tsp
How to make Homemade Cerelac Porridge for Babies
- Take 1 tbsp of cerelac powder in a bowl.
2. Add some water to the cerelac powder and mix it well without any lumps.
3.Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of powdered palm jaggery along with some water to dissolve it completely.
4. Once it melted completely,using a sieve filter the palm jaggery water through this.You can see how much dirt or impurities in the sieve we got after filtered.
5. Meanwhile, wash the pan once and keep it on the stove. Pour the palm jaggery filtered syrup along with 1 cup of water into the pan and bring it to the boil. Add the cerelac powder mixture little by little.Keep stirring otherwise it will stick to the bottom of the pan. When the mixture got thickens up (semi-solid state) switch off the stove. Let it cool completely or moderately warm.
6. Yummy and healthy homemade cerelac porridge for baby is ready now. Feed your baby as soon as you prepare.Do not keep it for a long time.
1. Mothers feeding is best for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2. Firstly, start this porridge as a thin consistency. Once it is familiar to your baby, give it as thick or semi-solid consistency.
3. Initially, add 1 tbsp of cerelac powder then gradually increase the measure.
4. Make homemade cerelac porridge fresh every time and other foods too. Don’t keep it for a long time.
Homemade Cerelac Porridge for Babies ( sprouted millet & nuts mix )