Spinach Cupcake Recipe with step by step preparations & photos. An easy and healthy eggless spinach cupcake that would be a great idea to feed spinach especially to kids and all. My kids love to eat this cupcake very much.
Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins, irons, proteins & so on. It boosts the digestive system, decreases the risk of anemia, and helps to improve our health.I roughly adapted this spinach cupcake recipe from thegreenforks site.
We call spinach in Tamil as ‘palak’. In this spinach cupcake, I have used banana, wheat flour and jaggery for sweetness to make this cake more healthier. We can prepare this spinach cake easily at home as there is no need of hand/stand mixture to make spinach cupcake batter. Just make a spinach and banana puree by using a blender and blend it to the dry ingredients and bake that.
Let’s have a look at how to make spinach cupcake with wheat flour and jaggery with stepby step images. Hope you like this healthy spinach banana cake and please share your comments how it turned out for you.
Eggless Spinach Cupcake Recipe | Whole Wheat Spinach Cake Recipe using Jaggery
Recipe Type: Baking – Cake / Cupcakes
Spinach Cupcake Ingredients
1 Cup = 240 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
Whole Wheat Flour / Kothumai Maavu – 1 Cup
Baking Soda / Samayal Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Dry Ginger Powder / Sukku or Chukku Podi – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Spinach Leaves / Palak – 1 1/4 Cup (tightly packed) / 100 gm
Ripe Banana / Vazhaipazham – 1
Jaggery / Vellam – 1/2 Cup (adjust to your taste)
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Coconut Oil / Thengai Ennai – 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Spinach Cake Video Recipe
How to make spinach Cupcake recipe – step by step instructions & pictures
1. In a bowl, take all dry ingredients given under the table ‘dry ingredients’ and mix well without any lumps.
2. Take washed spinach leaves and peeled banana in a blender along with 1/2 cup of milk.
3. Blend it to a smooth puree.
4. Add jaggery syrup into the spinach puree. For jaggery syrup, melt 1/2 cup of jaggery in a pan along with 1 tbsp of water on a low flame. Filter the syrup, when it is completely dissolved, to remove impurities from it.
5. Add coconut oil.
6. Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
7. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
8. Mix the batter gently without any lumps. Do not over mix.
9. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c/350°F.
Pour the spinach cupcake batter into the cupcake liners.
10. Bake it for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted from the center of the cake comes out clean.
11. Soft, spongy, yummy & healthy spinach cupcake is ready to be served. Wishing you happy Christmas & enjoy your holidays.
1. Make sure the cake flour should not have any lumps.
2. After adding wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir the cake batter gently. Do not over mix.
3. Each oven may vary. So keep an eye on it until you finish your baking.
Spinach Cupcake recipe – step by step methods – printable form