Egg Curry Recipe/Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe with step by step instructions. This egg curry is a south Indian style side dish curry cooked with coconut.I almost make this egg curry at least once in a week in my home. This is an easy and yummy curry especially goes well for rice and we can even have it for chappathi or parathas.
Lets learn how to make this yummy egg curry recipe or muttai kuzhambu recipe. Do try this in your home and give me your comments.
Egg Curry Recipe | Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe
Sesame Oil / Gingelly Oil / Nallennai – 3 tbspn
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Poppy Seeds /Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa – 1 tbspn
Small Onions – 8
Tomato – 1
Coconut – 2 tbspn (chopped or grated)
Fennel Seeds / Saunf Seeds / Sombu – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds / Jeera / Seeragam – 1 tsp
Garlic / Poondu – 3 pods
Curry Leaves – little
Cloves / Kirambu – 2
Cinnamon / Pattai – 1 piece
Egg Curry Recipe | Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe with Stepe by Step Pictures
1. Dry roast poppy seeds or Kasa Kasa in a pan for 1 minute in a medium flame.Soak it in hot water for 15 minutes.
2. Cook and get ready with boiled eggs.Want to see detailed recipe for how to cook perfect boiled eggs,click here. I slited the eggs into 2 halves. You can slit the top of the eggs instead of cutting into 2 halves.
3. Add all the ingredients listed under “To grind” table, in a mixie jar along with soaked poppy seeds.
4. Grind it to a smooth paste, if required, add some water to grind.
5. Heat a pan with 3 tbspn of sesame oil. Add curry leaves then add coconut tomato ground paste.
6. Stir it, add turmeric powder,red chili powder and coriander powder.
7. Mix well and Saute the paste until it comes to the good golden color as the below picture or until the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
8. Add 2 1/2 cups of water.
9. Add required salt.
10. Mix well and bring it to boil for 10 minutes.
11. After 10 minutes of boiling, add eggs one by one slowly. My mom what she will do at this stage is just break one uncooked egg and pour into the curry. Sometimes me to do like that. The egg curry would be taste great.
12. Cover with a lid and keep the flame in low for another 12 to 15 minutes.
13. The egg curry will leave the sides of the pan.See how beautiful it is and of course the taste too.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve egg curry hot or warm as a side dish for rice.
How to make south indian style egg curry recipe or egg kuzhambu recipe