Easy Fruit Cake Recipe with step by step preparation & photos.This is my 50th post.I am so happy to share this cake recipe today.
This is the easy fruit cake recipe that I am sharing here for the upcoming Christmas festival.I roughly adopted this easy fruit cake recipe from here.
In my native place in Tamil Nadu, we even call this fruit cake as ‘plum cake’.This is the special cake for the Christmas season.On Christmas, we distribute this plum cake to our friends and neighbors to share our joy and happiness.
The traditional fruit cake is done with lots of nuts and dry fruits soaked in alcohol for several weeks.This is an alcohol-free easy fruit cake can prepare on the same day itself .No need to wait for a long time for soaking process.
I have made this easy fruit cake with whole wheat and Jaggery for a healthier version.It has fully loaded with dry fruits, nuts, and some spices. Though it didn’t contain any alcohol, still the texture of the cake is soft and spongy. This dry fruits cake is not only for the Christmas season but also for all year around we can make.
Let’s have a look at how to make an easy fruit cake with whole wheat and jaggery for Christmas.Hope you like this fruit cake and please share your comments below.
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe | Whole Wheat Jaggery Fruit Cake Recipe
Easy Fruit Cake Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml)
Jaggery / Gur/ Vellam/ – 1 Cup (Powdered)
Water – 1 Cup
Eggs – 2 (Room Temperature)
Butter / Vennai – 1/2 Cup
Whole Wheat Flour / Kothumai Maavu – 1 1/2 Cup
Baking Soda / Samaiyal Soda – 1 tsp
Sea Salt / Kal Uppu – 1/4 tsp
Dry Fruits & Nuts
Dates / Pericham Pazham – 1 Cup (Chopped)
Raisins / Kismis / Thiraatchai – 1/2 Cup
Walnuts – 2 tbsp (Chopped)
Cashews / Munthiri Paruppu / 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
Almonds / Badam Paruppu – 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
Dry Ginger Powder / Sukku or Chukku Podi – 1 tsp
Cloves Powder / Kirambu Podi – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom Powder / Elachi / Elakkai Podi – 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder / Jaathikai Podi – 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon Powder / Pattai Podi – 1/2 tsp
How to make easy fruit cake with wheat and jaggery with step by step pictures
1. I used a 9″ cake pan. Take a cake pan and dust with butter and flour.place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, take whole wheat flour,baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
Melting and filtering Jaggery
3. In a pan, add jaggery along with 1 cup of water.
4. Allow it to be melted completely on a low flame.Do not need to allow it to boil.
5. Meanwhile, take all dry fruits(raisins,chopped dates) and nuts (chopped walnuts,cashews,almonds) in a pan.
6. Add butter and spices into it.
7.Now, strain the jaggery water by using a strainer for removing impurities, over the fruits mixture.
Boiling nuts and fruits with butter and jaggery
8. Keep the pan on the stove and heat it on a medium flame and allow it to gently boiling for 5 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes of boiling,remove from fire and let it cool down to lukewarm temperature.
10.Pre-heat the oven at 180°C/350°F for 10 minutes or as per your oven required preheating temperature.
11. In the meantime, break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat it until the pale yellow color.
12. Once the nuts and fruits mixtures come to warm temperature,add the beaten egg into it.
13. Give a good mix and then add whole wheat flour.
14. Fold the wheat flour gently and mix thoroughly.
Easy Fruit Cake – Baking
15.Pour the cake mix into the cake pan and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes or until the skewer inserted from the center of the cake comes out clean.For me,it took 25 minutes to bake.Each oven may vary so keep checking on it.Let it cool down completely and remove it from the pan.(My kid was in a hurry to taste the cake at once.I had to take the cake before it cools down.So the cake got cracked on the top.)
16.Your easy fruit cake is ready now to serve.Enjoy and Happy Christmas!!!.
1.You can add your favourite dry fruits,nuts and spices as your wish.
How to prepare whole wheat jaggery easy fruit cake recipe