DIY Baby hand & foot prints keepsake from salt dough with step by step instructions – Very fun and enjoyable while we do any thing for our kids keepsake.This salt dough recipe is also one of the fun & interesting DIY project can do at home easily with few of the ingredients which is most commonly available in our kitchen.
One day when I was surfing the internet I found this cool idea to make baby hand & footprints for keepsakes using salt & dough from here. So I decided to make this salt dough footprint on my kid birthday. You too can make your sweet baby hands & foot prints as I did. It’s somewhat difficult to take foot and hand prints from naughty kids but they would make us our time very enjoyable one.
Lets learn how to make baby hand prints & foot prints keepsakes using salt dough. Do try this and give me your comments.
Salt dough baby handprints & footprints keepsake
Use the same cup to measure all ingredients.
Allpurpose flour / Maida – 1 Cup
Salt – 1/2 Cup
Water – 1/2 Cup
Any food coloring – optional
Salt dough baby footprints keepsake with step by step instructions
1. Take a bowl, add allpurpose flour and salt,mix well.
2. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. I mixed blue color in water to make the dough colorful.This step is optional.
3. Knead the dough well and shape like ball. It should be very smooth.
4. Take a wooden board and line with parchment or wax paper.Drizzle little oil and spread it evenly to remove the paper easily after done all the process. Place the dough over it.
5. Using rolling-pin,roll the dough like below picture as I did or you can shape the dough as your wish like heart shape or any.
6. Try to get hand and foot impressions from your naughty kid :). Finally, I got this impression from my kid after the 4th attempt:). So cute now,right!.
7. Take a straw and put the hole where you want if you plan to hang it on the wall otherwise no need to do this step.
8. This step is too optional. Take a toothpick or any sharp thing to write name and date for keepsakes.
9. Take an oven tray and carefully place the dough paper. Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes in 200ºF. Then keep the tray inside the oven for 2 to 3 hours.Do not increase the temperature otherwise dough would get cooked. Switch off the oven and let the dough tray be inside the oven itself. I let it overnight.Now the dough has become rock hard.
10. Wow!. Your baby hand and footprint is ready now using salt dough.Very happiest one right. Enjoy.Using acrylic paint, color your baby hand & footprint plaque yet more colorful.
1. You can sun dry this salt dough plaque if you have enough sunlight in your place until it becomes rock hard.
How to make baby hand & footprints keepsakes using salt dough