Dates Nuts Ladoo / Laddu recipe with step by step preparations & photos. A healthy ladoos are made with dates, nuts (peanuts, cashew nuts, pistachio, almonds), dry fruits (black & green raisins) and honey. The dates nuts ladoo is so easy to make at home. It has lots of goodness in one ladoo which is good for all, especially for kids.
I made this healthy dates nuts ladoo for valentine’s day but I couldn’t share this on that day. So did today.
You can also use walnuts and seeds like pumpkin or sesame seeds to make this ladoo. If you are not using pitted dates, you have to remove the seeds from the dates. I used seedless dates.
Let’s have a look at how to make dates nuts ladoo recipe. Hope you like this recipe and please share your comments below. Check out more laddu recipes too
Dates Nuts ladoo / Laddu Recipe
Recipe Type : Desserts & Sweets
Cuisine : Indian
Dates / Pereetcham Pazham – 11/2 Cups Chopped
Peanut / Ground Nut / Verkadalai – 1/4 Cup
Almonds / Padam Paruppu – 1/4 Cup Chopped
Cashew Nuts / Munthiri Paruppu – 1/4 Cup Chopped
Pistachio or Pista – 1/4 Cup
Black Raisins / Karuppu Thiratchai – 1/4 Cup
Golden or Green Raisins – 1/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder / Elachi / Elakkai Podi – 1/2 tsp
Honey / Thean – 2 to 3 tbsp
Ghee / Clarified Butter / Nei – 1 tbsp + 2 tsp + for greasing
How to prepare dates nuts ladoo recipe with step by step images
1. Take your ingredients
2. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of ghee.
3. Firstly, add peanuts and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium to low flame
4. Secondly, add chopped almonds,
5. add chopped cashew nuts,
6. Then, add pistachios
7. add black raisins
8. Fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until all the nuts turns to crispy. Now add golden or green raisins and saute for a minute.
9. Transfer to a plate.
10. Finally, add 2 tsp of ghee in the same pan and add chopped dates. Saute for few minutes until the dates are combined together.
11. Transfer to the same plate and let it cool down completely.
12. Take a mixer jar or food processor. Put all the roasted dates & nuts into the jar.
13. Fine coarsely grind until all the dates & nuts are blend together.
14. Transfer to the plate and add 2 to 3 tbsp of honey and mix well.
15. Pinch some dough and make balls like ladoos.
16. The below steps are optional.
Grease ghee on parchment or wax paper. Transfer the blended mixture.
17. Using a rolling-pin, roll the dough about half an inch thick.
18. Take any cookie cutter, cut the dough as per your desired shape.
19. Yummy & healthy dates nuts ladoo is ready now. Enjoy with your kids.
You can also use walnuts and seeds like pumpkin or sesame seeds to make this ladoo.
How to make dates nuts ladoo recipe with step by step images – print here