Coriander biryani recipe / Koththamalli recipe with step by step preparations & photos. The south Indian style yummy coriander biryani recipe is an easy one that we can prepare in 30 minutes.I have used pressure cooker to make this biryani to make it as a quick process in the hurry burry morning. It’s one of the perfect lunch box recipes to your kids & hubby & also for bachelors/spinsters. Serve this biryani along with onion raita & boiled egg.
Let’s have a look at how to make coriander biryani recipe in an easy way using the pressure cooker. Hope you like this biryani & please share your comments below.
Check out more biryani recipes too
Coriander Biryani Recipe | Lunch Box Recipe
Basmati Rice / Biryani Arisi – 3/4 Cup
Sesame Oil / Nallennai – 1 tbsp / 15 ml
Ghee / Clarified Butter / Nei – 1 tbsp / 15 ml
Bay Leaf / Birinji Ilai – 1
Cumin / Jeera / Seeragam – 1/4 tsp
Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu or Perunjeeragam – 1/2 tsp
Shallots / Small Onions / Chinna Vengayam – 1/2 Cup /100gms (thinly sliced)
Tomato / Thakkali – 1 / 100 gms (chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste / Inji Poondu Paste – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp / 15 ml
Sea Salt / Non-Iodized Salt – to taste
Coriander Leaves / Koththamalli Ilai – 1 Cup (tightly packed)
Green Chilies / Pachchai Milagai – 4 to 5
Cinnamon / Pattai – 1
Cloves / Kirambu – 3
Cardamom / Elachi / Elakkai – 1
Coriander biryani recipe – video recipe
How to make coriander biryani recipe with step by step photos
1. Wash & soak basmati rice in water for about 15 minutes.
2. In a jar, add all the ingredients given mentioned under the “To Grind” table.
3. Grind to a smooth paste along with little water.
4. Heat a pressure cooker with ghee & oil. When it is hot add bay leaf,
6. then cumin & fennel seeds and saute well.
7. Add chopped small onions along with little salt & saute it is soft.
8. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes off.
9. Now, add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Add ground coriander paste & mix well.
11. Saute until the raw smell goes off.
12. Pour 1 1/4 cups of rice soaked water. Add required salt and bring it to boil.
13. When it is boiling, add soaked rice and mix well.
14. Add lemon juice and mix well.
15. Close the cooker and allow it for 1 whistle.
16. When the pressure released completely, open the cooker and fluff it gently.
17. Tasty & easy coriander biryani is ready now. Serve along with onion raita, boiled egg or with any of your favorite curries. Enjoy!!.
How to prepare coriander biryani recipe with step by step photos – print the recipe here