Coconut Rava Ladoo (Laddu) recipe with step by step instructions. This recipe is my 25th post. I am so happy that I am having 25 recipes on my food blog. For this happy moment, I have shared the sweet recipe of coconut rava ladoo using jaggery.
Coconut Rava Ladoo is an easy and mouth-watering recipe which is using roasted sooji or rava, fresh grated coconut, jaggery for a healthier version, cashews, raisins, cardamoms, and ghee.
Coconut rava ladoo is a Diwali special sweet at my MIL house. We can do this at any time within few minutes if we have roasted sooji or rava in hand.
Let’s learn how to make this delicious Coconut Rava Ladoo recipe using Jaggery. Do try this in your home and give me your comments.
Coconut Rava Ladoo Recipe | Coconut Rava Laddu using Jaggery
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml, 1 Tbsp = 15 ml )
Roasted Rava or Sooji – 2 Cups
Fresh Grated Coconut – 2 Cups
Powdered Jaggery – 2 Cups
Water – 2 tbsp (for filtering jaggery syrup )
Ghee or Clarified Butter – 6 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Cashewnuts – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Raisins / Dried Grapes – 1 tbsp
Cardamom / Elachi / Elakkai – 4
Coconut Rava Ladoo Video Recipe
How to make Coconut Rava Ladoo Recipe using Jaggery
1. Add 2 tsp of ghee in a hot pan and roast 2 cups of rava/sooji in medium flame until the nice aroma comes from it and transfer to a plate. If you have roasted rava, do not need to roast it again.
2. In the same pan, roast 2 cups of coconut for a couple of minutes.
3. Transfer 1 cup of roasted coconut to the roasted rava and keep it aside the remaining 1 cup of coconut.
4. Add 2 tsp of ghee in the same pan,add 3 tbsp of cashew nut and roast until the golden color.
5. Remove 2 tbsp of cashew nuts from the pan and add to the roasted rava & coconut mixture.
Then add 1 tbsp of raisins and roast until they puffed up and set aside.
6. Add 4 cardamoms and fry for sometimes.
7. This is the mixture of 2 cups of roasted rava, 1 cup of roasted coconut, 2 tbsp of cashew nuts and 4 cardamoms.
8. Add to the blender or food processor and pulse it until the cashews and coconut grinds well.
9. Transfer that ground mixture to a mixing bowl and add remaining 1 cup of roasted coconut, 1 tbsp of cashew nuts and 1 tbsp of raisins.
10. Take a pan and heat it up with 2 cups of jaggery along with 2 tbsp of water to melt the jaggery for filtering impurities if any.
11. Once the jaggery melted completely, filter it using a sieve to the roasted mixtures and mix well.
12. Add 5 to 6 tbsp of warm ghee into it.
13. Using spoon mix well together. Grease your palms with little ghee and shape the ladoos like balls. Store it in an airtight container.
14. Coconut Rava Ladoo is ready now. Enjoy. 🙂
1. Since I want to give this yummy coconut rava ladoo to my kids I have added 3 tbsp of cashew nuts.You can reduce cashew nuts to 1 tbsp and mix it before adding of ghee.
2. This is the rich sweetness of rava laddu, if you want, you can reduce the Jaggery as per your taste.
3. When you shape the ladoos, grease your palms with little ghee and then make it would be easy and yet more flavourful.
4. It would be fresh even after a week at room temperature.
Coconut Rava Ladoo Recipe using Jaggery