Coconut ladoo recipe using jaggery with step by step preparations & photos. This jaggery laddu is a quick sweet recipe which is made with fresh grated coconut, jaggery & cardamom. The healthy & tasty jaggery coconut ladoo has lots of goodness and it would be the best evening time sweet for kids after returning from the school.
Let’s have a look at how to prepare coconut ladoo recipe with jaggery at home. Hope you like this sweet & please give me your comments below.
Check out more Jaggery Recipes here
Jaggery Coconut Ladoo Recipe
Recipe Type – Desserts & Sweets
Cuisine – Indian / South Indian
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml)
Fresh Grated Coconut – 1 1/2 Cup
Jaggery / Vellam – 1/2 Cup Powdered
Cardamom Powder / Elachi / Elakkai Podi – 1/4 tsp
Ghee / Clarified Butter / nei – 1 tbsp
How to make coconut ladoo recipe using jaggery with step by step images
1. Take a coconut & grate 11/2 cup of coconut using a coconut grater and set aside.
2. Take powdered jaggery in a bowl.
3. Pour 1 tbsp of water, allow to melt the jaggery syrup completely on low flame. Once it is melted, filter the jaggery syrup using a strainer to remove impurities or any dirt.
4. In a heavy bottom pan, add a tbsp of ghee then add fresh grated coconut. Saute it for 5 minutes on a low flame.
5. Now, pour the filtered jaggery syrup and mix well.
6. Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder & give a good stir.
7. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates from the coconut jaggery mixture & it should become thick. It should not be soggy. Once it reached the correct texture, switch the stove off and set aside to cool down slightly.
8. Grease your palms with ghee and pinch some mix and make balls. If prepared correctly, it would stay good for a week without refrigeration.
Yummy & healthy jaggery coconut ladoo is ready now. Enjoy.
Step by step preparation of jaggery coconut ladoo recipe