Indian style chicken soup recipe with step by step preparations & photos. The delicious chicken soup even calls it as chicken rasam or kozhi soup or kozhi rasam. I often prepare attukal soup and chicken soup for my kids. I already shared the goat leg soup similar the way I prepared this chicken soup.
Pepper, cumin, garlic, small onions, tomatoes are the main ingredients used in this soup. It gives great relief from a severe cough and cold. Prepare this chicken soup in the night before goes to bed and have it in the morning if you have a cold or a cough. It would be great to grab all the nutrients from the chicken and the other kinds of stuff.
Prepare this chicken soup in the night before goes to bed and have it as a first drink in the morning would be great to grab all the nutrients from the chicken and the other kinds of stuff.
Let’s have a look at how to make the simple and easy chicken soup or kozhi rasam at home. Hope you like this kozhi soup and please share your comments below.
Chicken Soup Recipe | Chicken Rasam | Kozhi Soup | Kozhi Rasam
Recipe Type: NonVeg Recipes / Soup
Cuisine: South Indian / Tamilnadu
Chicken Soup Ingredients
Chicken ( bone in) – 1/2 kg
Sea Salt / Crystal Salt – to taste
Coriander Leaves / Koththamalli Ilai – for garnishing
Tomato / Thakkali – 1 small
Sesame Oil / Gingelly Oil / Nallennai – 1 tsp
Black Pepper / Milagu – 2 tsp
Cumin / Jeera / Seeragam – 2 tsp
Garlic / Poondu – 4 pods
Small Onions / Chinna Vengayam – 5
How to prepare chicken soup or kozhi soup at home with step by step pictures
1. Wash chicken very well in water with little amount of turmeric and set aside.
2. Take all the ingredients given under the table “to grind”.
3. Coarsely grind the pepper, cumin, garlic and small onions using a mixer jar or in a mortar and pestle.
4. In a pressure cooker, pour 4 cups of water and bring it to boil. When it is boiling, add the coarsely ground mixture into that.
5. Add chopped tomato
6. Add required salt
7. Add cleaned chicken pieces.
8. Add 1 tsp of gingelly oil and close the cooker with a lid. Allow it to whistle for 4 or 5 times on a medium flame and switch off the stove. Let the steam subsides completely.
9. Healthy and yummy chicken soup is ready now. Garnish with coriander leaves. Sprinkle some pepper on top of the soup when you have. If you have this soup in the morning just heat it for a while and then drink.
How to make chicken soup or chicken rasam at home with step by step methods & images – print here