Chipotle chicken burrito bowl recipe with step by step preparations & photos. Chipotle is one of the famous Mexican restaurants in America. We used to eat in this restaurant when we came to America. In Indian food, we used to have rice in most of the meals. Because of that, I feel this chicken recipe is also somewhat related to our Indian food. So this chicken burrito bowl also became one of my favorite Mexican food and I like the flavor of Mexican dishes.
The chicken burrito bowl is the simple & easy one to make at home for the lunch. This also one of the best lunch box recipes too. I just tried to make that chicken bowl like that restaurant taste. It has come out well nearly like how I was tasted in the restaurant. So I shared the recipe here. This recipe includes cooked rice with butter, red or kidney beans, fried or baked chicken breast, cooked corns, lettuce or coriander leaves, onions, tomatoes and sour cream.
Let’s have a look at how to prepare chipotle chicken burrito bowl at home. Hope you like this recipe, give a try & please share your comments below.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe | Mexican Recipe
Recipe Type: Non-Veg / Chicken Recipe
For the rice
Brown or White Rice – 1 Cup
Sea Salt / Non-Iodized Salt- 1 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves – little
For the beans
Red or Kidney Beans – 1/2 Cup
Sea Salt / Non-Iodized Salt – to taste
How to prepare chicken burrito bowl recipe with step by step images
1. For preparing cooked rice, take 1 cup of brown rice or white rice in a bowl, wash & soak in water for 20 to 30 minutes. Then add the soaked rice along with 2 cups of water and salt in a pressure cooker. Wait for until 1 whistle. Switch off the flame and let the steam subsides completely. Now, open the cooker and fluff it gently. You can also cook the rice in an open pot method instead of using the pressure cooker.
Measure 2 cups of cooked rice in a bowl, little coriander leaves & add 1 tbsp of butter. The heat from the rice melts the butter.
2. Wash & soak 1/2 cup of red or kidney beans in a bowl overnight. In the next day morning, strain the water and add along with required salt & water in a pressure cooker and cook it for 2 to 3 whistles. Let the steam escapes by itself. Open the lid and strain the water and set aside.
3. Now we are going to arrange everything one by one. In a serving plate or tray, first put the cooked rice into that.
4. Then, topping with the cooked beans. You can also use store-bought canned beans. But I prefer the homemade cooked beans which are very healthy.
5. Next, add 1/2 cup of salsa or as per your needs. I have used my homemade salsa for the toppings. Check out the recipe from HERE. You can also use diced onions & tomatoes instead of salsa.
6. Then, arrange with Mexican fried chicken breast slices. For pan fried Mexican style chicken breast recipe, check out HERE.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese above the chicken. I used mozzarella cheese.
8. Add 1/4 cup of sour cream
9. Finally, garnish with coriander leaves. You can add chopped lettuce leaves & 1/2 cup of cooked or canned corns. As I do not have corns I didn’t add.
Your healthy Mexican-style chicken burrito bowl is ready to serve now. Enjoy!.
Step by step preparation for Mexican chicken burrito bowl recipe – print here