Carrot Beans Poriyal / Carrot Beans Stir Fry – Quick and easy recipe of carrot beans poriyal. It is a simple south Indian side dish for rice, Sambar or any Kuzhambu varieties for lunch.We need only a few ingredients to cook this poriyal and we can prepare this within 5 minutes. Carrots and beans are rich in vitamins,proteins and so on. It is very healthy for us.
Do try this simple healthy carrot beans poriyal and let me know your comments and feedback.
Carrot Beans Poriyal Recipe | Carrot Beans Stir Fry Recipe
Carrot – 1/2 cup
Beans – 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
water – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
To temper :
Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
Mustard seed – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Small Onions/Shallots – 3 nos.
Green chili – 2 slited
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Carrot Beans Poriyal Recipe – Step by methods
1. Peel the skin, wash and chop the carrot into small pieces.
Wash and peel the string from two sides of all beans and chop into small pieces.
Peel the onions skin and cut into fine pieces.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal, when it turns light golden color add curry leaves, green chili, and small onions.
3. When onions turn into light golden color, add carrot and beans mixture and stir it.
4. Add 2 tbsp full of water and saute for 4 to 5 minutes in high flame. Keep on stirring, otherwise, it will get burn at the bottom of the pan.
5. Once it gets cooked add grated coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame. Saute extra 2 minutes after adding coconut if you pack for the lunch box to your hubby and kids.
6. Your healthy Carrot Beans poriyal is ready now. Have it & Enjoy.
Serve with Rice, Sambar or any veg kuzhambu varieties.
1. If you pack this poriyal to your hubby or your kid’s lunch box , saute extra 2 minutes after adding coconut.
Carrot Beans Poriyal Recipe – in a printable form