Sweet Potato Carrot Soup recipe for babies with step by step instructions. Sweet potatoes and carrots are the rich sources of vitamins,minerals etc.,.Both are the wonderful nutritious vegetables which are being liked by many in worldwide.
The healthy homemade sweet potato carrot soup is one of the nutrition-packed dishes which is best for babies lunch. They are the natural sweetness contain vegetables because of that babies would love to eat this soup eagerly. My kid loves to eat this soup very much.
When we intake potatoes we may suffer from the gastric problem. Because of preventing any gastric or indigestion problem for babies added garlic, asafoetida in the sweet potato and carrot soup.You can give this soup from 7th month onwards.
Let us learn how to make this sweet potato carrot soup for babies. Do try this for your sweet babies and give me your comments.
Check out my other baby food recipes too.
Sweet Potato Carrot Soup Recipe for babies
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml)
Sweet Potato / Cheeni Kizhangu – 1/2 cup grated
Carrot – 1/2 cup grated
Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder – 2 tsp
Small onion / Pearl Onion – 1
Garlic / Poondu – 1 pods
Pepper / Milagu – 2 or 3 crushed
Cumin / Jeera / Seeragam – little
Homemade Asafoetida Powder / Hing – 2 pinches
Ghee / Clarified Butter – to taste
Curry Leaves – little
Sea Salt / Kal Uppu – to taste
How to make Sweet Potato Carrot Soup for Babies – step by step pictures
1. Take your ingredients.
2. Peel the sweet potato & carrot skin and grate both of them using a grater. Peel the onion and garlic, cut into pieces or use as a whole.
3. In a pressure cooker, add all the ingredients of grated sweet potato,carrot,1 or 2 tsp of homemade multi-grain cereal powder,small onion,garlic,salt,crushed pepper,cumin,homemade asafoetida along with required amount of water.
Allow it for 2 to 3 whistle so that we can mash the soup easily.In a blender or mixer,blend the soup very well like below.
Add little ghee to enhance the taste of the soup and mix well.
4. Yummy sweet potato carrot soup are ready now to your naughty baby. Serve it immediately.
1. Mothers feeding is best for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2. Firstly, start this sweet potato carrot soup with multi-grain cereal powder as thin consistency. Once it is familiar to your baby, give it as thick or semi-solid consistency.
3.Initially, add 1 tsp of multi-grain cereal powder then gradually increase the quantity.
4. Make sweet potato carrot soup fresh every time and every other food too. Don’t keep it for a long time.
Homemade sweet potato and carrot soup recipe for babies