Homemade Cerelac Powder for Babies – Homemade powders are always good for babies that don’t add any artificial flavors & preservatives . This is the healthy and natural weight gaining homemade cerelac powder for 8 or 9 months and above babies.
The homemade cerelac has been mixed with sprouted millets & nuts for adding extra nutrition for babies. I have added sprouted ragi, sprouted pearl millets, almonds,cashews, walnuts,peanuts,gram dal,pistachio, and dry ginger powder for quick digestion.
Homemade cerelac powder recipe which is I got from my Sister. She will be giving more cool ideas in my cooking.
You can do this in a bulk quantity and store it in an airtight container.
Check out my other baby food recipes too.
Hope you like this healthy homemade cerelac powder recipe. Do try this for your baby and give me your comments below.
Homemade Cerelac Powder Recipe (Sprouted Millets & Nuts Mix)
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml )
Sprouted Ragi / Finger Millet / Kezhvaragu – 1 Cup
Sprouted Pearl Millet / Kambu – 1 Cup
Whole Wheat / Kothumai – 1/2 Cup
Homemade Dry Ginger Powder / Chukku or Sukku Podi – 1 tsp
Blanched Almonds / Badam Paruppu – 1/2 Cup
Pistachio or Pista – 1/2 Cup
Walnuts – 1/2 Cup
Peanuts / Groundnuts / Verkadalai – 1/2 Cup
Cashew Nuts / Munthiri Paruppu – 1/2 Cup
Gram Dal / Pottukadalai or Porikadalai – 1/2 Cup
Homemade Cerelac Powder Recipe
1. Take your ingredients.
2. I used store-bought blanched almonds. If you don’t have blanched almonds see how to do below.
How to blanch almonds
- Place almonds in a bowl.
- Bring water to boil in a pan and off the flame.
- Pour boiling water to cover almonds.
- Let it sit for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute drain the water and rinse it under the cold water and drain again then pat dry.
- Remove the skins off from almonds.
- Line a cloth on the floor or mat, spread over the almonds evenly and let it allow to dry completely.
3. If you have sprouted millets ( Ragi & Pearl ) flour at home , you can directly use them. I used sprouted dried millets. Check out my how to sprout millet & make sprouted millet flour at home.
4. Roast all the ingredients of whole wheat,sprouted millets, nuts, and gram dal one by one nicely and keep it aside to cool completely.
5. Take roasted peanuts & rub in between your palms to easily remove the husks from the peanuts.
6. Now, take a mixer jar or food processor and grind at regular intervals of whole wheat, ragi, pearl millet, followed by gram dal, pistachio, walnut, cashews, almonds and then peanuts one by one along with dry ginger powder. Do not grind the nuts continuously as it will start to leave the oil.
7. Let the ground mixtures allow to cool completely. Store it in an airtight container.
8. Use dry spoon every time you take from the container.
9. Your healthy homemade cerelac powder is ready now.
How to make homemade cerelac porridge to your baby
Homemade Cerelac Powder – 1 tbsp
Palm Jaggery (Karuppati) or Palm Candy (Panankarkandu) – little
Water – 1 Cup
Ghee – little (optional)
1. Take a cup of water along with required palm jaggery in a pan and heat it.
2. Once it melted completely, filter the water using a sieve and again pour into that pan and boil it.
3. In a glass, pour some water and add 1 tbsp of homemade cerelac and mix it without any lumps.
4. After boiling, add the cerelac paste.Stir it well
5. Boil it for another 5 minutes. It should be in semi-solid form. Switch off the flame.
6. Feed this homemade cerelac porridge to your baby in moderately warm with little ghee.Ghee is optional.
Homemade Cerelac Powder for Babies – Sprouted Millets & Nuts Mix