Beetroot Multi Grain Cereal Soup Recipe for Babies – Healthy and deliciously sweet taste of the soup mixed with healthy multi-grain cereal powder and vegetables. I have already shared Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder recipe on my blog.
The beetroot multi grain cereal soup would be a complete balanced food for your growing little one since it has carbohydrates, vitamins,minerals, fats as well as proteins. This would be one of the perfect soup for babies who are above 6 months.We can even continue this soup every day to babies until 1 year or more.
Beetroot Multi Grain Cereal Soup – Beetroot is rich in minerals and vitamins. It helps to improve digestion, acts as a natural cleansing agent for the body, decreases the risk of anemia for baby, increases the hemoglobin count in blood and helps to increase brain activity.
Multi Grain Cereal powder is a highly nutritious protein and vitamins packed health powder which helps to gain weight,feel stomach full and easily digestible one for babies. Hence,this beetroot multi grain cereal soup is a complete healthy food for your baby every day.
Let’s learn how to prepare this beetroot multi grain cereal soup at home. Do try this in your home and give me your comments about how your baby enjoyed this soup.
Check out my other baby food recipes too,
3. Homemade Cerelac Powder (Sprouted Millets & Nuts Mix)
Beetroot Multi Grain Cereal Soup for Babies
Beetroot – 1/2 (medium-sized)
Homemade Multi Grain Cereal Powder – 1 or 2 tsp
Tomato – 1/2 (medium-sized)
Small onion / Pearl Onion – 1
Garlic – 1 cloves
Black Pepper – 1 crushed
Ghee – little
Asafoetida / Hing – a pinch
Rock Salt / Kal uppu – a pinch
Water – 1 Cup
Beetroot Multi Grain Cereal Soup Recipe – Step by Step methods
1. Wash tomato and roughly cut into small sizes. Peel off the skin from onion,garlic and beetroot.Wash and cut beetroot into small pieces.Keep the other ingredients set ready.
2. Boil a cup of water in a pan. Add beetroot,tomato,onion,garlic,pepper,asafoetida, a pinch of rock salt and curry leaves, cook until the vegetables turns mushy.
Take some water in a cup,add 1 or 2 tsp of multi grain cereal powder and stir well without any lumps.
Mix dissolved powder mix to the cooked vegetables and let it sit for another 5 minutes in low flame. Switch off the stove.
3. Once it’s been warm, using blender or mixie jar, mash the cooked vegetables to thin consistency. Add little ghee for enhancing the taste of the soup. Mix well.
4. Healthy beetroot multi grain cereal soup is ready for your baby. Serve it warm. Don’t keep it for a long time.
1. Mothers feeding is best for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
1. Every time before feed your baby,wash your hands and sterilize the baby bowl and spoons with warm water.
2. Firstly, start this beetroot multi grain cereal soup as a thin consistency. Once it is familiar to your baby, give it as thick or semi-solid consistency.
3. Initially, add 1 tsp of multi-grain cereal powder then gradually increase the measure.
4. Make beetroot soup fresh every time and other foods too. Don’t keep it for a long time.
5. You can add any other vegetables such as carrots, beans, bottle gourd etc., in your soup with multi-grain cereal powder mix.
How to make Beetroot Soup for babies