Banana Puree / Banana Smoothie – Bananas are the rich source of Vitamins, Minerals and they are having natural rich sweet with creamy flesh. We can start this food as a first puree when the baby enter into his/her 5th or 6th month onwards.
Banana puree is the simplest recipe that we can make it our own at home and feed to our baby.It is one of the easily digestible purees for the babies tiny tummy and they can swallow the food easily because of the smooth consistency.
I have pureed the yellow banana. You can give any other banana variety what you can get in your place . Red banana, Hill Banana,Karpoora valli banana and yet some more varieties will be good for babies.I have added little honey for extra flavor, but it is absolutely optional.
Let’s learn how to make this simple & easy banana puree for babies.
Check out my other baby food recipes too,
3. Homemade Cerelac Powder (Sprouted Millets & Nuts Mix)
Banana Puree for Babies | Banana Smoothie
Ripe Banana – 1
Honey – Optional
Before feed to your baby, sterilize your bowl and spoon well with lukewarm water and your hands too.
Banana Puree for Babies – Step By Step methods
1. Take a banana, any variety which is good for babies, and peel the skin.
2. Roughly cut the banana.
3. Using blender or mixie jar, mash the banana pulp since we want smooth banana puree for babies.
4. I have used a hand blender to puree the banana.
5. Add little honey but this is optional. Mix well. Your tasty homemade banana smoothie is ready now for your sweet baby. Serve it immediately.
1. Honey is absolutely optional.
2. Always make a fresh puree and serve it at once. Don’t keep it for a long time.
1. Mothers feeding is the best food for babies ever. Continue breastfeeding even if you start other foods.
2. Whenever to start new food to your baby, feed continuously for 4 days the same food.If your baby didn’t get any allergies or any other reactions, you can continue the same dish combine with other veggies one by one. Likewise, introduce every food to your baby.
3. Don’t force your baby to eat everything how much you prepare. Day by day increases the amount of food to your baby.
How to make Banana Puree for Babies