Attukal soup recipe / Goat leg soup recipe with step by step instructions & photos. The delicious authentic goat leg soup is a south Indian style soup which is very healthy especially for kids.
Prepare the attukal soup in the night before goes to bed and have this soup in the morning would be the best time to drink this healthy soup. I have added less spicy to this goat leg soup as I want to give to my kids. Add more spice if you like.It is very easy to prepare and finish in minutes.There is no oil added as it has contained more fat in it.
The attukal soup is remembering my childhood days. Whenever we go for a vacation to my grandma house she will prepare this soup and give to all. All the dishes what my grandma prepare will be very tasty.She will be very kind all of us.
Let’s learn how to make delicious and healthy attukal soup / goat or mutton leg soup at home. Do try this and give me your comments.
Attukal Soup Recipe | (Mutton) Goat Leg Soup Recipe
Ingredients ( 1 Cup = 240 ml )
Goat Leg / Attukal – 3 pieces
Small Onions / Pearl Onions – 5
Tomato – 1 small (chopped)
Garlic / Poondu – 2 pods
Cumin / Jeera / Seeragam – 1 tsp
Black Pepper / Milagu – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Water – 2 cups
Coriander leaves / Cilantro – for garnishing
Sea Salt / Kal Uppu – to taste
How to prepare attukal soup recipe with step by step methods
1. Firstly, clean the goat leg very well in water without any hair or any dirt in it. I bought the goat leg without any outer skin from the slaughter house.So the cleaning process of goat leg was easy.
2. Take mixer jar or mortar and pestle and add pepper,cumin and garlic pods.
3. Coarsely crush the pepper, cumin, and garlic pods.
4. Then add 5 small onions and curry leaves into the crushed mixture.
5. Crush the onion and curry leaves nicely. Do not grind to a paste.
6.Take a pressure cooker and add 2 cups of water and bring to boil. Then add crushed onion, pepper & cumin mixture into the boiling water.
7. Add small chopped tomato and mix well.
8. When it starts to boil, add cleaned goat leg /attukal. Stir it well.
9. Close the pressure cooker with a lid and put on a whistle.
Allow it for 8 to 10 whistle in high flame and then switch off the flame.
10. Once the steam released,open the cooker. See how much fat floating on top of the soup. Stir it well. Attukal soup / goat leg soup is ready now. Close it with a lid.
In the morning, just heat for a while and have this healthy soup after wake up.
11. Healthy & delicious attukal soup / goat leg soup.
1. Prepare the attukal soup in the night itself to grab all the nutrients from the soup and have it in the morning after wake up.
Attukal Soup Recipe | Goat Leg Soup Recipe